The Shift: Why Larger Corporates Embrace Co-Working Spaces!
Introduction of co-working spaces
- The shift towards co-working spaces by larger corporations is gaining momentum, and it seems to resonate particularly well with the Gen Y workforce.
- This trend attributes to a shared set of values among this generation, including a strong entrepreneurial spirit, a desire for greater work-life balance, and the pursuit of innovative ideas, all of which have contributed to their attraction to unconventional work solutions.
- Co-working spaces have become a magnet for not only freelancers, independent contractors, and self-employed professionals but also for entrepreneurs.
- The allure lies in the opportunity to take control of their own lives and careers.
- These shared workspaces provide the ideal environment to foster such independence.
- However, the misconception that co-working spaces are solely populated by tech-start-up millennials is far from the truth.
- Larger corporations are also embracing this trend as they recognize the benefits of co-working environments in promoting collaboration, creativity, and flexibility for their employees.
What advantages do Corporates gain from coworking?
- Coworking offers numerous benefits to businesses, allowing them to concentrate on essential tasks rather than getting bogged down by minor details.
- Small Business Labs predicted that the number of people using co-working spaces would increase significantly, with nearly 4 million individuals making the transition by 2020 compared to only 1 million in 2016.
So, what factors contribute to the success of coworking as a mutually beneficial solution? Let's delve into the reasons.
- Prominent corporate entities are gradually embracing the coworking ecosystem not only for its creative advantages but also for its economic benefits.
- They recognize that saving every penny is as valuable as earning one.
- One of the key advantages lies in the ability to start with a single desk arrangement within the coworking space.
- As they witness the strategy's financial viability as an alternative to maintaining a dedicated office space, they can easily expand their operations within the managed space.
- This exceptional flexibility is a unique offering of managed workspaces.
- Managed workspaces provide membership plans that are highly adaptable, catering to both short-term and long-term requirements, enabling large corporates to make well-informed choices.
- This feature helps enterprises deal with unexpected changes, such as seamlessly shifting to another location without disrupting their objectives.
- Consequently, larger corporations have embraced shared spaces as a means to bolster their profitability and improve their bottom lines.
Resources and Amenities:
- The availability of resources and amenities is crucial for any organization, regardless of its size, to achieve its objectives.
- Having access to essential facilities such as printing, scanning, high-speed internet, and food/beverages, all conveniently located under one roof, saves considerable time and effort.
- Furthermore, utilizing conference rooms and other co-working space facilities for meetings with clients and investors presents a more professional image of your venture.
- In essence, coworking ensures that you can make a strong impact on potential customers or clients without compromising on the quality of your products or services.
- Corporations have come to recognize that opting to have their employees work in collaborative spaces does not entail any sacrifice in terms of resources or amenities.
Networking, Learning, and Growth:
- Networking plays a pivotal role in the success of organizations, regardless of their size.
- Coworking spaces present numerous opportunities to connect with some of the brightest and most innovative minds, fostering the expansion of professional contacts.
- Many of these managed spaces host events that promote networking, a crucial factor for the growth of large enterprises.
- In fact, major corporations prefer their employees to work in such collaborative environments to engage with new talents and leverage the creativity of innovative thinkers.
- In such a vibrant setting, acquiring new skills becomes almost second nature.
- According to a global co-working survey, creativity showed a remarkable 71% increase in coworking spaces.
- The collaborative atmosphere in shared spaces facilitates the exchange of ideas among individuals with diverse skills and experiences, making networking effortless and paving the way for meaningful and productive relationships.
Unleashing Resilience, Igniting Motivation, and Supercharging Productivity:
- In the realm of shared workspaces, an enchanting camaraderie prevails, uplifting everyone's spirits.
- Drawing inspiration from neighboring cubicles, one can triumph over challenges without getting lost in them.
- The allure of these spaces isn't lost on big companies either; they relish easy access to innovators and trailblazing ideas.
- Embracing new talents and groundbreaking concepts becomes second nature. When employees rub shoulders in such a collaborative haven, motivation skyrockets.
- Watching startups and their visionary founders break the mold fuels enthusiasm among the workforce.
- Moreover, shorter commutes and the freedom to choose workspaces near their homes equal happy employees. And as we all know, happy employees are the true architects of productivity!
Concerned About Distractions?
- Working from home can offer the blissful tranquility of silence, granted mischievous kids aren't adding their own soundtrack.
- However, don't assume that shared workspaces are inherently distracting.
- These dynamic hubs designed for productivity provide a remarkable chance to connect with kindred spirits.
- At managed workspaces, employees often cross paths with entrepreneurs, small business owners, and freelancers, fostering a vibrant exchange of ideas.
- Building your network becomes effortless as you engage in conversations with fellow co-workers.
- But if you prefer solitude and uninterrupted concentration, you can immerse yourself in your tasks undisturbed.
- Remarkably, many such spaces strike a perfect balance between socialization and tranquility.
- They offer designated times or areas for networking, along with quiet zones like meeting pods and phone booths, ensuring you have the privacy you desire.
Innovation in Coworking:
- As collaborative workspaces evolve, their design and infrastructure will undergo significant changes.
- A central focus will be on wellness and health, promoting positive energy flow with ample natural light and ventilation.
- Companies may utilize advanced devices to gather valuable insights from employees, thereby influencing the design to create more employee-friendly environments.
- The future of coworking spaces aims to shift from stressful workplaces to flexible, engaging, and tranquil spaces of choice.