What's the Best Workplace & what they have in common
Organizations of any size have experienced more difficulties and competition in the workplace over the past few years. The increased availability of remote work has made it easier for people to find employment, so it is more important than ever for businesses and leaders to come up with strategies to keep their staff and make themselves attractive to potential job seekers. In light of this, we investigated the top workplaces nominated by employees in the 2021 Glassdoor survey to determine what they had in common. Here is what we discovered.
1. Effective communication is essential.
- It is critical for organizations to have clear and open communication practices as evidenced by the positive feedback from employees of top companies.
- Especially in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, providing clarity to staff gives them a sense of comfort and assurance.
- Leaders should be explicit in explaining the circumstances, the company's actions, and what is expected from employees.
2. Attendance to employee wellbeing.
- Furthermore, the best workplaces are those that put their employees first. The key to achieving this is to focus on inclusivity, provide resources for professional growth, and emphasize human connection.
3. Creative thinking and coming up with new ideas.
- Of the top 10 companies listed by Glassdoor, five of them are tech companies. This field is known for its originality and inventiveness, which is something that staff members are fond of in their workplaces.
- One review of NVIDIA pointed out the company's essential values of innovation, excellence, and intellectual integrity.
- These features in a company aid employees to be enthusiastic about their work.
4. Well-built team settings
- No matter where an individual falls on the introvert-extrovert scale, we all need companionship and a sense of community.
- The best places to work make a team atmosphere where employees enjoy being with one another.
- A strong team environment can come with elements such as:
- A friendly and welcoming atmosphere, especially when led by upper management.
- Chances for networking and professional development.
- Team-building exercises and activities.
- Social activities for personnel.
5. Outstanding advantages and benefits
The greatest organizations to work for come up with innovative ideas for providing their workers the greatest perks and benefits.
According to Glassdoor's list, some of the examples are:
- Compensation for working from home (HubSpot)
- Product discount (Vans)
- Tuition assistance (Massachusetts General Hospital)
Businesses can demonstrate their gratitude to their employees by giving out perks and benefits that are entertaining, inventive, and have a lot of value.
6. Generous Remuneration
- The bonus and benefits provided to employees are secondary if the basic salary is not up to the mark. That is why they are referred to as perks.
- Many companies that made it to Glassdoor's list of top workplaces said that they offer competitive salaries because of its importance to the employees.
- All the aspects mentioned in the list are important, but a fair and competitive salary is the foundation of a great workplace.
- It conveys to the employees that the firm is willing to pay for their time, knowledge, and expertise. This list is just the beginning of what makes a workplace the best.
- Glassdoor’s compilation of top companies based on employee's votes gives us a better understanding of what matters to them. Employers should use this list to consider these factors while building their team!
A lot of people recognize that having the opportunity to advance in their career is a major factor in their satisfaction in the workplace. Many leading firms have commented on the importance of their core values, as well as how they pertain to staff members and the tasks they are assigned. Working remotely has combined the boundaries of home and work life, and employers have had to become more creative in the way they offer their employees support, such as by introducing enhanced perks and benefits.
Other factors that contribute to a company being one of the best places to work include:
- Top-down transparency, where managers are responsible for their decisions and foster a dialogue between employees and leadership.
- Adaptability, offering personnel the chance to arrange their timetable, prioritize their assignments, and complete their tasks in the best way for them.
- Trustworthiness, allowing staff to depend on their superiors and colleagues, and to be confident that they are qualified to carry out their roles.
- Gratitude, allocating time to recognize both professional and personal successes of the workforce.